Friday, December 15, 2017

Flycloser Friday Reflection 12/15

     As semester 1 is closing I am taking the time to reflect upon what I have accomplished this semester and what I want to improve on for semester 2. Everyday our student organization meets we remind ourselves to push one another and always show gratitude for each other. For example, we remind ourselves of our motto for this season "What is your why?" and this makes us strive to be better and at the end of practice everyday we choose someone to shoot a gratitude arrow towards so everyone knows they are appreciated and I have played a role in this because everytime I post something on the blog I end it with "What is your why?" so it continues to make everyone think about this. Throughout semester 1 I have utilized my student organizations blog to communicate with our members and our community to offer transparency. Also, we have utilized the Remind101 system to communicate effectively on when our team is practicing or sending out important reminders. However, we have not yet served our community partner and that is something I really would like to focus on during semester 2 so we can build a stronger relationship within our community. However, the work I have created this week was purple cow because my student organization served the community by offering a very Merry Christmas to two angels from our angel tree and we also are collaborating with one another to find out ways to improve our communication with one another and bond with each other; so, we are not settling for the growth we have reached at this point I have asked questions within the organization and they are offering feedback so we are always growing. As I mentioned earlier though one thing I really plan on focusing on during semester 2 is looking for opportunities that the softball team can serve the community and I plan on doing this by having a face-to-face conversation with them and brainstorming with my team on ways we can show care to the community.


What is your WHY?
Have a great winter break!
Go Generals!

No comments:

Post a Comment