Thursday, May 17, 2018

Quarter 4 SOC Reflection

     The 2017-2018 school year is coming to an end and as it closes out I want to reflect on what I have accomplished this quarter and what I hope to accomplish next quarter. This year I have gotten to collaborate with Coach Smith and work towards building a stronger TNHS Softball program. Next year, I hope the student-athletes that are members of this program become better by being accountable for practices and service projects and continuing the mindset of program before team and team before self. I can assist with this by having more face-to-face meaningful conversations, setting strong deadlines, and encouraging feedback from one another to become better students, teammates, and community members. Next year, I hope to see our team serve the community more. As a member of Legacy Core I have shared thoughts about service projects and we have collectively brainstormed a multitude of ideas, so I hope in the upcoming year we can see these ideas come to light. Also, I want to focus more on sharing and celebrating the growth that we experience in a season. This season we made history within the program by going 7-1 in regular season district games and being the first ever softball team at TNHS to be the #1 seed going into the District Tournament. The hard work that the team has put in to accomplish this deserves to be shouted out and I want to find other ways to do this than just Twitter and the TNHS Softball blog. An idea that I may need to start incorporating this is to share celebrations like this with the Tuesday Newsday Crew so they can shout out the growth when we watch the news Tuesday or I could CREATE artwork to celebrate the team and put it on the Living Digital Announcements. With this being said Legacy Core and I have also been working together to brainstorm ideas to celebrate the people who help us along the way during the season whether it be a parent working on a fundraiser, a bus driver, or our announcer; they show dedication to the team too and their hard work needs to be celebrated as well.
     Communication has never been a struggle with the softball team due to the accessibility of the Remind101 and our team group chat, but in the upcoming year I hope to see Legacy Core meet more often to increase their CONNECTion in that part of the program and try to have more team bonding dates; although we did have a lot this year due to weather conditions. I want to encourage more face-to-face collaboration outside of practice to CREATE stronger bonds on the team and allow for more memories to be made. This will contribute to our mission and vision by ensuring constant growth and embracing new experiences through the sport of softball. I want to continue connecting through social media and group messages for the future because it is a strong way to CONNECT with the community, but we need to build upon the foundations that we have CREATEd to continue to grow.
     I have come a long way this year from where I started and I look forward to continuing to grow. I am proud of my work on CREATing initiatives and taking steps to understand tools like the Gamesheet, so I can utilize that more next year and also, continue to be an active member in SOC. I look forward to my new position as SOC Public Relations Officer and hope that this challenge and role will push me to become a better LEADER within my school, my student organizations, and SOC. Next year, I want to grow on CONNECTing more with other organizations and actually accomplishing the ideas we have thought about to show CARE to the community. Coach Smith, the team, and I have brainstormed a lot of ideas to work on before our season next year and when we accomplish these ideas next year it will create a stronger foundation for our program and show remarkable growth from previous years. I am overjoyed to see what next school year has in store for SOC and TNHS Softball!

No comments:

Post a Comment