Friday, October 12, 2018

Quarter 1 SOC Reflection

     The first quarter of the 2018-2019 school year is already ending! Looking back reflecting on what all we have created as a class and within our organization makes me excited for the upcoming quarters. This year I have seen a lot of growth within SOC by partnering with Nelson Co. High School more so than we ever have in the past with the Pride Bowl and the TNHS and NCHS SOC Retreat. This quarter I started inserting games into the #GAMESHEET and used RUSH as a good tool to recruit more people for the team. In quarter 2 I want to create some chances for team bonding and get the team together to go support other programs that are in season. Also, I want to get Legacy Core meetings planned before the season gets in full swing. In SOC for quarter 2 I want to learn more about video editing to create strong Ignite Videos for future events to share on social media and I want to partner with people in the community more to create REMARKABLE events. I would also like to see SOC start planning some CARE initiatives like the Angel Tree Project we did last year because winter will be approaching very soon! Some new ideas I have to get more students involved and engaged in what is happening around the school is to utilize Twitter polls more than we have in the past and try creating a hashtag that students can use at large events. Also, I think if we use people outside of SOC in videos sharing information that are supposed to create hype around events more students will see and come because it isn't just kids in SOC CREATing hype, although they should be LEADing it. I am looking forward to see how SOC will CARE, CONNECT, and CREATE the rest of the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment